Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thanks for your prayers

I wanted to take some time to thank everyone who has been praying for me as I've been going through a very difficult period in my relationship with JFK (John). In the last week I have really felt those prayers in a very amazing way. From my point of view there is no other way to explain how my compassion for John has been renewed and my heart softened toward him. The same issues still persist and we've still got a lot of things that we need to work through and address. However, I feel like my attitude has really been transformed from one of fatigued, demand oriented complaining, to one of renewed concern for John's health and well-being and compassion toward him. This could only be the work of the Holy Spirit, through the prayers of the saints, because nothing else has really changed about the situation. I've still had to put up with the daily demands (very high demands) of loving someone who still generally tends to live in his own world and doesn't seem to possess the capacity to understand how much it hurts me when I really want to connect with him but cannot. Though I still see the issues in pretty much the same way as I did two weeks ago, the thing that has changed is that I've been able to begin putting my focus more squarely upon John's well-being and taking it off of myself and how I feel. There is no way that this could have happened for me if I did not have a loving community of people who listen to me when I am struggling, encourage me when I'm weak, and pray for me when I'm finding it difficult to pray. The road ahead is a long one. But because of the presence of the body of Christ around me it is a road that leads through my own personal "Jerusalem's" to the promised land on the other side. Thanks........you know who you are.....

No comments: