Friday, December 02, 2005

The people ask, "Where is God?...," and God asks "where are you?"

Thanks to Geoff and Melissa for organizing last night's viewing of "A Closer Walk." It was a difficult movie to watch, and I wasn't expecting the connection to the plight of so many people suffering in Uganda. I am sure that the sights, sounds, and personal stories probably dealt an even greater blow to others who have travelled in Africa far more than I. I suppose it is easy to feel helpless in the face of such immense suffering. However, I got an e-mail just this morning from a young man much like "Hassan" in the movie, who is a seventeen-year old orphan trying to make a life for himself and his younger siblings in the midst of very difficult circumstances in Kampala. His name is Paddy, and James and I spent quite a bit of time with he and his younger brother Mark in Kamapala. He is currently trying to raise money for school fees for his siblings and also to ensure that they have a more stable home environment. This is an opportunity for us to join the struggle in a very tangible and direct manner. If you are interested in learning more about this then simply let me know. This might be another way that we could welcome the coming of the King at advent. Thanks.........

No comments: