Saturday, July 26, 2008

Reflection on Jeremiah 29 and 1 Corinthians 13

Hey family,

So, about a year ago, we contemplated what it means to live out Jeremiah 29 while at the same time its message of hope, challenge, and command live out of us. Then, before Jeanine and I left, we just started 1 Corinthians 13; I hope you all are still "recapitulating" (Love you Geoff!). Anyway, the following is a short piece of reflection on both of those as I find myself in Kalispell, MT. 

Love you all.
Dan

Waiting and walking and wandering,
either way you slice it,
I’m here.

I’m here waiting for the way to be clear,
striving to make the conscious decision
that the door I can’t see, still, is open.

I’m here walking into and out of places,
yearning to connect with the lives of the dead,
or at best, the barely living.

I’m here wandering, wondering if I am in exile,
but I have no soil to plant a garden or child to give in marriage,
so I will be here, loving, (or at best, striving to love). 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice poem Dan, I didn't see the pic of Jeanine. It takes me a while to figure out new sites, I will wander & look...