JUSTICELIST - Special ALERT - ** 8/5 **
Join Amnesty International's Global Vigil for a Ceasefire
- for an immediate, full and effective ceasefire in Israel & Lebanon
For details go to:
8:45 p.m. Monday
Corner of Main & Broadway
* Your own candle. We will have extras.
* A sign with the single word "Ceasefire"
* Signs that are not political. Amnesty International asks that vigil should be totally apolitical. The tone should be one of solidarity and compassion, with victims and survivors. We will neither condemn nor support any faction involved in this conflict
* A 2-minute poem, essay, or song to share
We apologize for the short notice. Please spread the word.
On Thursday evening August 3, Amnesty International issued a call for Global Ceasefire Vigils calling for the United States and other world governments to work towards an immediate, full and effective ceasefire to protect civilians on both sides of the conflict in Israel and Lebanon. AI's call includes three points:
* We call for a ceasefire.
* We demand that all governments stop the supply of arms to the conflict.
* We stand in solidarity with the victims and survivors on both sides of the Israel/Lebanon conflict.
Central Kentucky Amnesty International
Peace Action Task Group of the Central Kentucky Council for Peace & Justice
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Don Pratt - CK AI
Peace Action Task Group, CKCPJ