Tuesday, November 21, 2006

i'm thankful for monday morning prayers

Lisa and Will have inspired me to be thankful in recent days with their blog posts.

i am incredibly thankful for the women that gather early monday morning at the high st house to pray. it is a practice i don't participate in directly but certainly i receive a direct blessing. the fact that my sisters in community do this for me (among others) is a great reminder about how my salvation is caught up with the salvation of others..we need each other so that we can be saved. it also causes me to think about my own commitments, making me freshly aware that my disciplined life (or lack thereof) is more than mine...it will build up or tear down people around me.

wow that got a bit heavy...bottom line: i am thankful for you monday-morning-praying-women.

No comments: